Is it just me, or has this been the looongest short month? We've had cold, windy, snowy weather all over the country, the pandemic continues, and spring seems far away indeed.
But it hasn't been all bad! Here, in no certain order, are some of the good things about February 2021:
- My family is still happy, healthy, and hanging in there;
- Politics has simmered way down;
- The coronavirus numbers are dropping, and although it's still slow going, more at-risk people are getting vaccinated;
- This month had some fun things to celebrate, including Black History, Valentine's Day, Lunar New Year, and Mardi Gras;
- I had time to read: The Truants, by Kate Weinberg; The Midnight Library, by Matt Haig; and I'm working on The Best of Me, by David Sedaris;
- I was able to meet with both my book club and critique group via Zoom;
- The days are getting longer;
- Chocolate (which goes without saying);
- And last but certainly not least, my talented graphic designer friend is putting the finishing touches on the cover for the sequel to my novel, Passing Through. Look for more about this in March.
Maybe it will come in like a lion, but I'm still ready for a new month.
What made February good for you?